Can’t make up your mind if you want to hire an agent to sell your Newcastle house or sell to an investor? In today’s blog, we discuss the pros and cons of hiring an agent vs. selling to an investor in Newcastle.
There are many ways of selling your house. You may or may not hire an agent, pay fees, unclutter your house and even list it! The best approach to follow depends on the situation. In some cases hiring an agent is the way to go but in others, selling to a private investor or buyer is the better choice. Let us dive right into the pros and cons of selling to an investor vs. hiring an agent in Newcastle.
Pros of Hiring an Agent:
- Get Better Sale Price: Selling your house through an agent in Newcastle has the potential to fetch higher sale prices. This is due to exposure towards a larger pool of buyers, professionally handled negotiations, better listing, and other factors. But at the same time, you will be paying a premium in commission. Hence it is extremely important to calculate what you are getting and what you will be paying up to decide if you are comfortable hiring a Newcastle property agent.
- Peace of Mind: If you choose to go for an FSBO listing, you need to handle the paperwork, showing, and marketing all by yourself. Hiring a Newcastle property agent makes things easy as the agent will take care of all of those hassles for you. On the other hand, if you sell your house to Sell With Richard, you are also guaranteed the same peace of mind along with proper guidance!
Cons of Hiring an Agent:
- A Lengthy Process: More often than not, a Newcastle agent will have multiple properties on his plate which divides his attention. Due to this fact, your property might have to sit there waiting to be sold for months on. This racks up property tax, utility bills, maintenance costs and other routine expenses for those months. If you are looking for quick cash, this is not the route to choose.
- Cleaning & Viewing: Listing your house on Zoopla or Rightmove requires thorough cleaning and maintenance beforehand. Sometimes you need to hire professional cleaning services to ensure the house, carpets, sidewalks and other paraphernalia are list-worthy. If it takes longer to sell the property (which it often does), you have to be in charge of all the showing and keep up on the maintenance for the duration of the process.
- Uncovered Expenses: While many Newcastle agents will cover most of the property selling activities and expenses, do not expect the same from all agencies. Some agents only provide listing services. You have to handle and pay for the showing, signage, flyers, brochures, photos, cleaning, marketing and other aspects of the process. All of these expenses coupled with the agent’s commission can eat away at the final sale price.
Pros of Selling to an Investor:
- Quick Sale: Selling to Sell With Richard ensures that your property changes hands in just days, not weeks and months. Selling fast means you do not have to pay for routine maintenance, utility bills, property tax, insurance, repairs and other expenses all of which go towards your profit.
- Simplified Process: Most house sellers in Newcastle are often daunted by the complex process of selling their properties. But when you sell to us, you are saved all the hassle of showing, marketing, listing and waiting. Instead of uncertainty, you enjoy the profits made from the sale.
- Greater Savings: Saving on an agent commission, continued holding fee, cleaning fee, listing fee, marketing, and other related activities makes for great savings on your sale price. When you sell your Newcastle house to Property Result all of the necessary expenses and paperwork are handled by us without any hidden fees.
Cons of Selling to an Investor:
Sale Price is Lower: Or is it? Working with a Newcastle agent can get you a higher sale price. But when you consider all of the expenses you are likely to incur including the commission, any uptick in sale price might well be negated. Sometimes selling to an investor such as Sell With Richard might net you a higher profit than an agent-assisted sale.
Still not able to decide? Why not give us a call on 0191 486 2386 or write to us. We can help you understand if your property needs the help of an investor or an agent!